Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5657

I suspect they will look a bit small on the car.
The rear about 20mm less than the Grasshopper wheels and in front about 10mm because they're low profile.
They'll work fine - no doubt about that...

I think I could give you an idea of the dimensions.
Let me take a picture of my Hopper with some on road wheels...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5658

cool, i just edited my last post by the way

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5659

Okay, thanks. I tend to edit afterwards now and then too with the chance of someone missing what I wrote. :whistle:

i am thinking with smaller diameter wheels = lower to the ground, formula 1 type look, faster acceleration, lower centre of gravity for faster cornering.

Definitely, expect for the F1 look because of the diameter... ;)
Lower top speed but I reckon that's not essential.

I do have 52mm on road rims but no tyres so I photoshopped them in just to get an idea.
Dimensions of the 'tyre' are quite accurate though - OD about 65mm :

Attachments:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5660

:woohoo: that looks way cool. i am thinking of lowering it, wider front stub axles as in the hopper,(lunchbox uprights), front bumper removed and replaced with a smaller more F1 like spoiler, side bump guards replaced with shallower more "discreet" versions.
its gonna be a F1 hornet.
im not going to fit the hornet rear suspension as it would roll to much for a car park tearaway,plus it saves a few quid.

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5661

Actually looks better than I expected. :silly:
Doesn't look that well on a DF-01 though...

I'll send you a set of these rims if you like. No charge. :huh:
Then you'd just have to find some tyres and maybe inserts...

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5662

Now I've got Korn's "Lowrider" stuck in my head :D

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5663

Edou you are a badword superstar. PLEASE LET ME PAY SOMETHING TOWARDS POSTAGE AT LEAST :cry:
OK so what size tires do i need to get, and what are the inserts for, just to stiffen them up and stop them falling off the rims?

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5668

Don't worry about it. Still got some stamps and they'll fit through the mailbox... ;)
I'll send them out tomorrow with some of the CVA parts that I have.

Any 1/10 on road (drifter) tyre will fit and also scale tyres (with higher profile like the Hummer or Cayenne) are an option.
Outer diameter is 52mm and width about 24mm.

what are the inserts for, just to stiffen them up

Mostly yeah, depends a bit on the strength of the tyre if you really need them or not.
Not very necessary with hard drifters I think...

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5669

so something like these will fit, they all seem to be 25 or 26mm wide that i can find
www.ebay.co.uk/..._755wt_821

Re: wheels and tires 12 years 4 months ago #5671

Before you commit yourself to small wheels can I just point out the effect they'll have on your gearing/speed - smaller wheels are equivalent to gearing "down", so lower top speed, I'm worried that with that big a change your grasshopper will go past you like "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - i.e., at very high revs but very slowly :(

Ordinarily you could put pinion with more teeth on to compensate - but not with the Tamiya rolling rear axle, which is fixed at 18 Teeth (Grasshopper size wheels) or 10T (380 motor or 540 motor pumpkin size wheels :(

Let me have a poke through my box of bits, I may have something more appropriate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.