Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13123

My Monster Beetle was described as 'mint condition' whereas there were some missing and broken parts, a few dodgy screws and the decals were probably applied while being blindfolded...

However, let the buyer beware, and to help us unsuspecting buyers I have started a list of common ebay terms and their true meanings.

"Not tested" = Not working.
"some parts may be missing" = is missing parts.
"rare" = expensive.
"Unfinished project" = This car still requires too much money to be viable.
"mostly complete" = incomplete.
"suit wrecking or restoration" = basket case.
"in good used condition" = It was in good contition, but then it was used.
"with a good clean and some TLC" = I cannot be bothered washing it or showing it any tender loving care.
"only driven on Sundays" = race car.
"selling this for a friend" = Do not ask me any questions, I know nothing.
"priced for quick sale" = priced to attract impulse buyers.
"owner moving overseas" = you will be unable to contact me if there are any problems.
"due to nature of the hobby" = in this hobby should be used to receiving dodgy goods.

Any others?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13124

"Collection only" = I can't be bothered to put it in a box, even if the buyer offers to arrange collection by courier :angry:
"Vintage" = more than 3 months old, or can be fitted to something more than 3 months old
"Vintage Tamiya parts" = Includes one M3 Tamiya cap screw amongst a load of unidentifiable and broken junk.
"What you see is what you get" = Load of unidentifiable and broken junk, with fuzzy mobile phone picture
"Advertised elsewhere" = Auction may be ended if I don't get what I want for it

Cynical, moi? :whistle:

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13129

Haha, good ones. :silly:

No shots of the bottom of the chassis usually means it looks like crap...
Obviously missing pics can tell a story of their own.

Oh yeah, anybody mention the " restoration oil " Bullhead yet? :lol:

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13136

"Restoration oil" - I need some of that - ideally just enough to take a bath in :P

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13143

Ha, I never did get a reply when I asked the seller what it was & where to get it...

Some of my favourite buys have been "undefined spares/repair with pants mobile pics", (Holiday buggy x2 for

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13147

:laugh:
I love definitions.
Personnaly I have 2 disgusts. The first is an auction for a very pretty 959. My pc buged in the last second and I loose the auction for 1euro :cry: It was 161

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13152

Loved my old Kingcab(s), only let down was the pants ball-diff

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13157

Here's a goodun - remember talking about Thundershots & how unpopular they are (Usually) & how Ebay bidding appears to be a bit derranged at the mo?
www.ebay.co.uk/...1423.l2649

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13158

Some of my favourite buys have been "undefined spares/repair with pants mobile pics", ...
... You should only bid what you'd be comfortable losing if it turns out the item is junk, based on what you actually know about that item you're buying, other than that, you're gambling so take it on the chin when it doesn't go your way.

Totally agree! It is great fun not knowing exactly what you are going to get. It is rapidly becoming addictively so :whistle:

Re: Ebay stories and woes 11 years 7 months ago #13160

Here's a goodun - remember talking about Thundershots & how unpopular they are (Usually) & how Ebay bidding appears to be a bit derranged at the mo?
rover.ebay.com/...1423.l2649

"The tyres may need replacing" ?!?!? :lol: :laugh:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.