Keyword

TOPIC:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 11 months ago #21498

Yeah or stupidity :laugh: I wouldnt mind but im only trying to move the boats on as i purchased them in a job lot from an elderly guy. I have kept the Aerokit boat i wanted and decided to sell the remainder on i wanted a quick sale now i get stuck with this hassle :cry: :n:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24161

This lot:

Timeline:

Sunday 18th Aug: Won the auction. Listed with RM 2nd Class delivery for £15. OK - expensive, but feasable for a large parcel with the post office.
Received this email: "Hi, and well done on winning. And thank you for your purchase it will be in the post to you monday. yours sincerely chatalota." - Very nice. Could not ask for more.

Wed 21st; Did not arrive. OK, maybe tomorrow.

Thursday 22nd, 12:30pm-ish: Postie came - no parcel
12:50pm: I send the following: "Hi, I wonder if you have a tracking number for the parcel you sent me? It still has not arrived and I am worried that it has been lost.
If you sent by Royal Mail Signed For, there is a tracking number printed on the receipt from the Post Office. Thanks,"
13:12pm: I receive "Recent updates to your order. Your item is marked as dispatched and tracking information is available." - Nice. Maybe he just forgot to fill in the tracking field.
I go on the Royal Mail website and put the number in - not recognised :angry:
I then follow the links through ebay, which brings me to the "Collect Plus" website :dry: Great. He's sent it with the cheapy courier, on the 3-5 day service no doubt. Tracking info says; "Received at ASDA, OL8 4JZ 18:01, Thu, 22 Aug 2013"

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24170

They didn't even bother to do you the courtesy of giving you some bogus excuse for the delay & claiming they'd posted it yesterday? Tccch, things are really going downhill when even poor performing sellers can't be bothered to BS their buyers any more :whistle:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24171

I'm having a similar drama getting an item I won 10 days ago now :ohmy: I won last Tuesday and it's only coming from Sydney, so when I didn't receive by Friday I sent a message asking for the tracking number :huh: Was then told it was only sent on Friday and no tracking ?? Ok so still nothing by Wednesday?? contact again, I was then told that his misses hadn't posted till Monday :blink: So Lets hope it arrives Today! they have 100% feedback for almost 150 items so you'd hope to be ok ...../.../

edit: finally arrived today :whistle:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24180

They didn't even bother to do you the courtesy of giving you some bogus excuse for the delay & claiming they'd posted it yesterday? Tccch, things are really going downhill when even poor performing sellers can't be bothered to BS their buyers any more :whistle:

BS excuse arrived last night:
"hi very sorry for the delay it was to heavy for the postal price that would not cover it was i have sent it by collect and sign for.
deeply sorry for the worry at work on my break it should be with you soon.i Finnish at
10:00am i Will see into the matter as soon as i get home rest assured.
yours sincerely chatalota.

please have a great weekend and thank you sorry for your wait."

Do people not work out the postal price before listing? I can't imagine the package is more than about 5kg and even if it is more, the most expensive service by Collect+ is £9.29, so I am still being diddled. I can get next-day UPS for £10.50.

Also, it looks like he has just booked the delivery yesterday, not actually had it collected, so that is going to delay it even more.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24182

...it looks like he has just booked the delivery yesterday, not actually had it collected, so that is going to delay it even more.

Don't forget there's a bank holiday on Monday too :pinch:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24194

Any updates then Martin? I'm in a similar boat myself - a new ultrasonic tank should have arrived on Wednesday but hasn't come yet, no response from the seller either :(

The UK seems to have pretty much shut down this week; I see eBay joined in for 12+ hours today too :whistle:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24215

I thought I'd heard every possible excuse from non-performing eBay sellers (including a particularly despicable episode where a seller claimed the reason for the delay was their kid being rushed in to hospital after being critically injured, then forgot & used a completely different excuse later on)- but this is a new one on me:

Attachments:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24235

Any updates then Martin?

Yes. It is now showing as delivered on Saturday. Problem is - I'm in N. Yorkshire for the weekend! Hopefully they will have left it with a neighbour or something.

Edit: If your seller really is dead and answering from the afterlife - I think that is a pretty good excuse. It's difficult to get to the post office when you're a ghost!

Edit2: Message from my neighbour that they left the parcel outside the front door. She has been feeding our menagerie, so she has a key and put it inside. Home tonight, so I'll have a look then.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24263

Well, it's here and it's as bad as we thought.... :whistle:

I only had a brief look at it last night before I hid it from the wife :P but here's the good points...

SRB: What look like new steel u/js - I think these were only fitted to a Super Champ.
Complete "MK 1" gearbox with intact bumper tabs (no bumper or roll bar though)
Complete front suspension. Interestingly seems to be "MK II".
Acoms Techniplus Tx in decent nick.
Ummmm...

Mardave Cobra: Well, it all seems to be there. Has been fitted with a grey SRB bumper that looks like it could be rescued.

Bad points: I think I will take some pictures and let them speak for themselves. Suffice to say that margarine tubs feature (I kid you not)... :whistle:

Edit: Deliberating about whether to ask for a partial refund on postage. He has left feedback already, so I don't have much to lose...

Last edit: by Martin Bell.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds