Keyword

TOPIC:

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24684

I was watching this item which had a couple of bids:

Obviously that's a SRB and Superchamp chassis on the right, but it took me a while to identify the one on the left. Listing says it may be a Marui, but this is wrong. It is actually a very rare AYK Viper 4x4 buggy albeit in a pretty poor state.

The listing was ended early. Obviously someone made an offer he could not refuse. :angry: It really annoys me when this happens, especially when the item has bids. I think it is wrong to end a listing that has bids and I would feel uncomfortable about making an offer on a listing like this. I also know it may annoy some people to recieve such offers.
I just hope the buyer knew what he was getting. :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24685

That said, you are (apparently) dealing with a muppet, and given the sense of entitlement people seem to have (I blame Oprah), and the likelihood of them throwing their toys out of the pram when they don't get their way, to avoid negative feedback I'd be inclined to try & help them out - offer cash on collection, or direct bank payment....

He tried to make the payment via Paypal and it was showing as "pending" until 12th Sept, so I told him I would wait.

This morning I get this from Paypal:

An eCheque payment from xxx could not be processed from the sender's bank. Please do not send any items. We have cancelled this transaction and advise you to contact the sender to make new payment arrangements.
:dry:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24686

He tried to make the payment via Paypal and it was showing as "pending" until 12th Sept, so I told him I would wait.

An eCheque payment from xxx could not be processed from the sender's bank. Please do not send any items. We have cancelled this transaction and advise you to contact the sender to make new payment arrangements.

Paypal/eBay being as helpful as ever ... your buyer must be at (or over) his overdraft limit, so what alternative payment methods do they suggest? Direct bank transfer? A cheque? Cash from a ATM?

As a seller you pretty much HAVE to take Paypal as a payment option & other methods are deprecated or outright banned as being "insecure" ... I can't think of a word that encompasses my contempt for Paypal for them for baldly stating that now you can take Paypal due to the buyers lack of funds, its simply not their problem ... maybe there's a German word encompassing both the concept of "the banality of evil" and something like "vomitisation"? :sick:

I've really got nothing in the way of suggestions as to how to work this out successfully, other than blocking the buyer for future listings, filing a non-paying bidder report, relisting the chassis ... and probably gettign -ve feedback :(

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24687

I was watching this item which had a couple of bids:
Obviously that's a SRB and Superchamp chassis on the right, but it took me a while to identify the one on the left. Listing says it may be a Marui, but this is wrong. It is actually a very rare AYK Viper 4x4 buggy albeit in a pretty poor state.

The listing was ended early. Obviously someone made an offer he could not refuse. :angry: It really annoys me when this happens, especially when the item has bids. I think it is wrong to end a listing that has bids and I would feel uncomfortable about making an offer on a listing like this. I also know it may annoy some people to recieve such offers.
I just hope the buyer knew what he was getting. :dry:

I'm surprised eBay haven't banned the inclusion of phone numbers or mentioning you're a member of some other website - it's pretty much an invitation to deal outside of eBay ... but given that fees are so high (including listing, 10% final value AND Paypal of top of that), I'm minded to applaud such free enterprise ... unless it was something I wanted to bid on.

Maybe you should send a text or a message to wind the seller up, like "I hope you got a decent price for that lot, I would have bid up to £300" ;)

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24729

"13 Sep 2013 19:41:47 BST Item no.300958958592 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from xxxx (xxxx)"
:y: :y: :y: :)

Ebay stories and woes 10 years 8 months ago #24732

Hooray! :D :silly:

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #28925

I'm currently selling a crappy electric helicopter that I got in a job lot of stuff. I don't expect it to fetch more than about £5. Today I got this message:

Hi
Is it possible to collect from any or Bedford train station? Thanks

I am sorry, but I could not resist but to send this reply:

Hello,
Yes, I would be happy to meet you at Bedford railway station. It is about a 25 mile round trip from my house to Bedford for which I would charge the standard HMRC approved mileage rate of 40p per mile, plus my time at an hourly rate of £30 per hour (or part thereof). Assuming the trip takes approx 1 hour, the cost would therefore be £40 (£30 + (25 x £0.40)).

Alternatively, I could just post it to you for a fiver. In this case I would not charge for my time or fuel for going to the post office.

Best Regards,
Martin

Am I being unreasonable? :blush:

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #28928

The only thing that stops me sending messages like that is that for the sake of a fiver old matey could buy your heli, giving him the option to leave negative feedback in retaliation for your sarcasm - you gotta watch them...

A couple of years ago I had a seller get REALLY arsey with me for asking if the axles were definitely Bruiser ones as advertised & not older Hilux ones, going on that I was making him out to be a liar etc & it ended up with me getting a warning from the Ebay police! I was only asking...

Did I tell you the one about the bloke who bought a 50kg vice from me & wanted it posted to Ireland in a cardboard box (Because a crate/pallet would be too expensive)?

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #28930

:angry: Martin,
I was the first bidder for your celica bodyshell and I lost it........
I would be very happy that we can meet we on the eurostar station in Paris I could offer you a coffee before you back GNAGNAGNAGNAGNA. Crazy.
I'm really desappointed for the body.

Ebay stories and woes 9 years 11 months ago #28935

:angry: Martin,
I was the first bidder for your celica bodyshell and I lost it........
I would be very happy that we can meet we on the eurostar station in Paris I could offer you a coffee before you back GNAGNAGNAGNAGNA. Crazy.
I'm really desappointed for the body.

Well, he hasn't paid yet, so you never know...

Eddrick - welcome back! Where have you been?!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds