Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69369

There was tracks all over the place when we stopped. The time to remove the snow from the car with the air compressor and the tracks were nowhere to see... There will be another (or multiple) run(s) in the afternoon...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69371

Wind & rain here yesterday, sub zero weather & sunshine today = no snow.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69372

Not so friendly amount of snow here today regarding rc.
Between 15-20cm most places and more is coming...
Only the main road and one our nabours road has been plowed today so there is nott a lot of places to play today.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69373

Richard, I know exactly what you mean... That's what is expected here later on down the night... It is the day to do it, tomorrow it won't be possible until it melt....
That being said, when it is compact snow (which is not the case - but it will be at some point time after the fall, as it is quite wet snow) runs are still possible. You just have to compact it a bit. and compacted snow can make a very good tremplin with a friendly landing with uncompacted snow if you like jumps :-D

In short, snow : lot of rc opportunities, but as every garden activities field requires some preparation activities (at least when there is too much of snow)...
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69377

There was just a bit more snow than this morning, but this is now quite wet, and it glues to the car. I tried with the Super Hotshot for few minutes run... Very often the car get stuck in, and even going back and forth doesn't really help. And i'm quite sure it will be the same with the Lunchbox later on. That's no fun anymore right now...

At the end of the 5 minutes run, the car looked like I don't know what word to use to describe this... But that was messy :-)

2 minutes later with the air compressor, it was clean again (and by the way it is very efficient to remove the mud from the previous runs which was not yet removed. The Super Hotshot is clean again, and will get back to its place once dry...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69383

I tried quickly with the Lunchbox, and I confirm it is no fun anymore...

Lipos are going back to storage mode. We'll have to wait the snow being more compact or melted to run again...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69388

Only had about 6cm of snow here in all but it turned to ice due to the minus temperatures. The snow in the access gully to my garage was undisturbed but not very deep so this morning while waiting for my mate to collect a M/C from my garage I thought I'd see if Lunchy#2 would run. Last time I wanted to run it the batteries didn't seem to have any charge so I discharged and recharged them a few weeks ago. They have sat on the workbench since then and surprisingly the battery I chose had plenty of charge in it, Shame the wheels are spinning in the tyres or I could have had some good donut action going on :) 

First to drive in the snow :)

Finally back inside parked next to the bike. 

I don't know how anyone films and drives at the same time. I had to keep stopping to take a pic. 

That's all for today although I did get something from the Mail Man

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69389

Lee, it's not as tricky as you may think. I just use a headstrap with the gopro, and that way the camera naturally follows where the car you drive go :-) 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69391

Good thinking my friend. I may have to invest in a go pro. I also thought about a phone mount for the transmitter. 

By the way when I tried to download your latest file for the Wild One it gave me a 404 error on Thingiverse I think the site is starting to give up. 

Regards

Lee
Attachments:

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69392

The files are there, and you can download the 3 versions independently. But I also got the 404 error when trying to download all... 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.