Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69435

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69441

Ok, good to know I'm not the only one whose stockpiling kits to do over xmas.  They've been coming in over past week, and I think I've ordered enough for xmas, and easter, and the rest of 2022.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69443

I like it.

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69450

Love the nativity scene Jonny, very creative. I'm not much into Christmas but I put up with it for everyone else. 
I really hope that order from fog models isn't shadow stock, they didn't say it was on the website when I ordered. The Blitzer Beetle is my pressie. 
Had a card from the postie today, missed him by 3 minutes. He has a parcel so It could be the Rising Fighter. I'm sending the Wife to get it first thing as I'm working all weekend.
       Some parts I brought are due tomorrow or Saturday and my new TX is coming Monday. Then whilst browsing the net I found them at Kamtec for £44.99, £14 cheaper but as a bonus the RX are cheaper than eBay at £7.50 each so as long as I order enough to get free postage if there is free postage I'm saving money, trouble is I saw a Hillman Imp shell and a Sunbeam Stiletto shell and I have some parts for the old Mardave Mini. All I need is a chassis or two which is just a long flat plate. They now do proper rubber tyres too so I don't have to run those sponge things. I may be ordering the 2nd TX sooner than I think.  Theres a nice little VW Beetle kit they do for £89 with the rubber tyres
Cant think of anything else that I've ordered. 
Got some storage boxes for the garage today to put my projects in. I need to get organised, pick a project and stick with it till its done before I move onto the next one. I have so many and so much I want to do I get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing. 

As I type I just had an email from FOG Models saying my order has been shipped. Whoohoooo. I think my visit to Kamtec will be brought forward 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by jord001.

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69453

It is obvious that i'm won't start/(finish?) any project this year. All is now about Xmas and 2022 plans... And yes, I'm piling up some stuff...
Beside the Nichimo Spirit FF and the Hotshot, there is a few others incoming. I'll be missing RX, 2 or 3 Motors (brushless), ESC (mainly brushless), and some servos as well for all of this...

But at least, kits and restoration project  will materialise soon... I'll probably talk more about it over the week-end.

And there is two of the kits for which I have very clear view on how I'll make them mine (and one of them is the Wild One BM). I'll probably start by those.

I'm also going to find two (maybe 3) additional "project" boxes (plastic boxes, in which you can store at least two complete chassis in parts): there is few cars I need to get down to parts, and until I finished the Marui Hunter/Galaxy projects (still missing bodies), I can't get the boxes in which they are... And I definitely need this to start the Nichimo Spirit FF project, where there is lot of work (specially in 3D modelling). I can already see 2022 being another nice pile of RC projects :)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69461

Went to my favorite local hobby store to fetch what was planned. I think I got the last one of the Wild One available in France, a M06 Giulia Sprint (my on road car) and a TT02 Ford GT for my son, ball bearings and a project car :-) (another interesting find: hint, it's not a Tamiya, neither a Marui :-)
None of the kits is going to be opened before Xmas... And I need to find a box for the project car, or finish the Hunter/Galaxy project(s): that becomes even more urgent every day :-) 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69464

About the project car...
Did a crop of a picture :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69466

👏👏👏 a pleasant project. But you should have only 4 no? 😂😂😂

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69467

Well. First the project boxes are quite busy at the moment with the remaining Hunters to be built, and all the elements around this projects. It takes much more room than initially envisioned  ...
Then there is the Nichimo Spirit FF, this one, and another undisclosed project (the one which a part is waiting for me at my parents' place)... And I got a proposition for another one, I'm tempted, but It will depend of the price (which I don't know yet). The catch is that my wife did not specify any limitation on the restoration projects   (I've been by the way tempted by a NIB of something, but I did decide it was too risky to try to pass it as a restoration project :-D and put that on the side ("aka forget it, it's too expensive for what it is") )

All of this should keep me busy for quite a while in 2022.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69471

😂😂😂 a fake resto or fake already owned project doesn't work with wife's radar. The last one will be easy seing picts. You should keep the patina . Cleaning new radio set and go .

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.