Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69472

😂😂😂 a fake resto or fake already owned project doesn't work with wife's radar. The last one will be easy seing picts. You should keep the patina . Cleaning new radio set and go .

I can already tell that there is more work than just cleaning... There is rust on some metal parts, and I suspect there will be other surprises at unbuilt time - there is always surprises at the time you strip a car (good or bad)!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69474

The rust is not a problem. A bath in vinegar, rinse and a touch of wd40. Plastic parts are more complexe to find for this mamy. But it looks nice.🤞🤞🤞
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69476

Today I started tearing down my Bigwig and I gave the Welcome sign a coat of paint.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69477

Niiice richard
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69482

Hat to work today so didn't get home till mid afternoon. Started removing the tyres from some old lunchbox wheels. Don't know where they came from originally but were with the shell and some parts I had acquired. They had all been glued badly and 2 have flat spots but the other 2 are ok and have cleaned up quite well with some armour all. 

I managed to remove them from the rims but I somehow put a rip in one. It's one with a flat spot so not a major disaster if it cant be used.  I will attempt a repair and may use them on something that doesn't get used much.  I will end up getting another set I suppose :) 

I also started removing the contact lenses from a lot of packaging I have enough light buckets and lenses to last forever. and I still have 2 boxes to process. 

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69483

I also started removing the contact lenses from a lot of packaging I have enough light buckets and lenses to last forever. and I still have 2 boxes to process. 

I'm not quite sure where you did this idea  ...
By the way, I shared the trick with Keith from Kamtec, and he found the idea quite interesting :-)

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69486

The idea was from here somewhere. Thought it was you? but maybe not :) 
Regards

Lee

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69501

As it's been nothing but rain here for the past few weeks, and I'm stuck with not being able to paint anything....  I started looking at a fuel tank for the 57 Gasser, which will be a simplified version of a Mooneyes 3.5gal tank.
Undecided if i'll take my first steps into 3d printing (would need to use a printing service), or make it from whatever stuff I have lying around.  By the time it shrinks down to 1/10 scale, some of the finer details may not got to well with printing

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #69502

The idea was from here somewhere. Thought it was you? but maybe not :)

​​​​Yes it was me... Very happy it is useful idea for you, Lee

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69508

Undecided if i'll take my first steps into 3d printing (would need to use a printing service), or make it from whatever stuff I have lying around.  By the time it shrinks down to 1/10 scale, some of the finer details may not got to well with printing

For a item like that, styrene is one of the eaisest way to go.
For the tank you could use a old pill case or the aluminium asthma inhalers if you use those.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.