Keyword

TOPIC:

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70769

Vintage tires are so much easy to get in virtual world than in reality...

It was easier than what I thought initially...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70772

Yesterday went and caught some of the action at the Vintage RC Enduro.  Had my camera with me, so will get an album uploaded soon.
My daughter, in-between random shots of trees, traffic cones, and a BBQ, did manage to snap this pic of someone trying to take out the competition.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70773

Haha, Thanks for coming along. We again had a very fun time at the event and took out the spirit of the race award, We are already planning the team name and colours for next years enduro but of course will be back for the festival in September. 

Plus a little video of me running the Pro X
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70778

The sombrero fits very well on your head Andy. 😊
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70854

My woodwork is now complete for the time being, you can see the new desk in the bottom right corner & the box stacking thingamajig blocking part of the rightmost cabinet. 

It's still as much as I've been able to see of them  - and the carpet - in a long time though :D

Possibly time for a rejig - the diecasts & possibly the bikes can go elsewhere, and TBH I've gone off the red & green minis... Not too sure about the "barn find" static Scorcher either 

ETA 3 of the LED strips are also beginning to fail - a few flashes when they get warm - just hadn't been able to see that with all the crates in front :blink:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70856

I really like your setup.
Gives ideas to my own.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70865

Not exactly today, but I sort of got a body shell (it is non printable surface) for the Nichimo Spirit FF. It will be now time to take care of the prints...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70868

Today I glued the floor planks in my scale garage build.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70899

I've been a bit quiet on here for a few weeks. Just haven't had the motivation or funds to do much.  Anyway what I have been doing are things that have not cost me anything but time. 

I got the Big bear running with the adapted wheels for Lunchbox tyres but that was a few weeks ago, its great.  

3D printed a complete Big Bear body which I have to screw together then tidy up a little, Not much work to do there. Then I can build up the other chassis I have. 

Been repairing the shell on Lunchy#2 that my grandson managed to break twice :) and also the front wheel which disintegrated due to age so had to 3D print a replacement and replace a bent steering rod which I have made several of from bicycle spokes. 

Been messing with a Mardave Mini chassis and adapting it in size to fit the mini shell I have as the wheel base on the chassis was 5mm too long, I have now got it so the axles line up perfectly with the wheel arches on the shell. 3D printing some custom Minilites for it.

After repairing my original Lunchbox chassis a while back I took all the original parts off Lunchy#1 chassis (new replacement) and put them back on the original chassis, Got to prep the body and wheels now for the respray back to box art colours which it has never been.
This leaves the new chassis free to put together lunchy#3 got 99% of the parts.  Just the battery holder and front bumper extender block thing to get but thinking about seeing how it will look lower, a bit like a pumpkin low rider I suppose but with big wheels still if it will work.

My older grandson sent over his drift car yesterday, I think its a tt-01 haven't a clue about the newer chassis but anyway it wasn't working. Turns out after some investigation he had driven it through a huge puddle and it stopped. On power up it had signal to the esc but nothing else. I fitted one of my receivers and hey presto it worked so a cheap fix for him. He just needs a receiver. Mine has gone back in the lunchbox. 

Well that's about it 

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 1 month ago #70931

Hi everyone a little update 😊 I have been quite busy with work and Family but also the Vintage RC racing has become very enjoyable for me, Along with a good group of like minded Vintage enthusiasts we have become quite involved and compete in events in Sydney and Melbourne. Our group has now join with a prominent RC club here in Melbourne which gives us access to a national class RC track for practice and Vintage racing events. With this shift in my enjoyment of RC I have sold another 6 cars but still have 60 hahahaha I plan to get the number down to 30 so that the cars I keep can be 100% ready, I'll start sharing pictures soon 😊
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds