Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77935

Love the TA03!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77936

Love the TA03!!

This is my first. I'll probably hunt down the original wheels and tires and then install running gear to give it heck in the driveway 
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by GToddC5.

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77937

Nice! That's what I would do!!😉👍
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77938

My first ta03 was the impreza, and I had the oportunity to buy the corolla and the 206 and the alfa martini in the same lot. And when the first version of the 037 was released, I bought the last french one.  I only ran the impreza with a real pleasure. And one or two years ago, I found a frp chassis for it but for the ta03r. 
now, the alfa and the corolla are gone for new homes.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77942

Today, I mounted the Brat lexan body on the MF-01X chassis.

I 3D printed the central body post adaptor that fits the Brat.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77944

• Al
  • Away
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but be warned small rant about to follow !!!!
So I bought the Fiat 131 in October last year and as we do, it went on the build pile.
Any way last week while looking  through a couple of rc forums, I see a comment about the PS dark blue paint colour for this model being limited edition ???!!!!
Seriously !!! Whose brilliant idea was that. I don’t think it’s a limited edition run kit it had a 58723 number code which usually denotes a normal production run. So this kit could be available for 12 months, 2 years, 4 years … we never know do we.
To make matters worse this paint isn’t even available in the UK.
So if you want to paint this box art, first off start looking for a can of PS dark blue paint now !!! It doesn’t have a PS number.
It has a part number, 69944, which James at TTP helpfully provided me with.
I jumped on the internet and bought the cheapest can I could actually find. Bearing in mind postal costs from some countries this can end up being a very expensive can of paint. 
I managed to secure 1 can, I hope I have it hasn’t turned up yet. It’s coming from Italy and it’s costing me just under £30.
Yes probably one of the most stupid things I’ve purchased at a price I feel is just ridiculous when it should be costing me about £7.
I hope one can is enough or it’s going to look bloomin’ silly.
Maybe I should order some lexan paint stripper now so I’m prepared.
Hopefully all of the above is complete rubbish and I’m just having a funny turn, but if it’s true what on earth are Tamiya thinking of !!! Seriously why sell us a kit that can’t be painted box art, a lot of people like to go box art and due to the decals provided you kind of have to go box art. Apart from those super creative people who will produce something equally awesome, while going in a different direction, which could be the sensible option.
I could keep going, but I’ll stop there, I’d be interested if anyone else has discovered this yet, or had to do what I’ve done and buy the paint from outside of the UK.
🤔😡😫
I’m off for a lie down, cheers and take it easy.

Went and checked the instructions and there it is in black and white.
That’s just bonkers.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5, WHPark

Last edit: by Al.

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77945

Tamiya did the same with the 7up formula1 and the nismo clarion. The paint wasn't easy to find. As you bought a early version, the paint hadn't a ps number maybe.

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77946

Thanks for the heads up Al, I just secured a few cans.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77948

• Al
  • Away
  • Hog Heaven
  • Hog Heaven
No worries Todd, at the weekend I’m going through everything in my stash of NIB kits, to be built at some point in the future and I might buy the paint now.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 month 3 weeks ago #77958

Bratting Brat! 

Masking the Brat body was very difficult. But the result is satisfactory. I think the PS-4 blue looks good on this body.

From now on, I will work on decals.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.