Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 4 weeks 2 days ago #78047

"AndyAus post=78046 userid=3322
By far the coolest hop up for any Tamiya I have ever had! Such a refined spaceframe design from [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/545699062284837/user/100064137337471/?__cft__[0]www.facebook.co...imaforever[/url] and complimented with the redesigned Hotshot 2 rear tower by [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/545699062284837/user/100069144821692/?__cft__[0]www.facebook.co...tcustomsRC

"[/url]
Ryo's work is fantastic :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 4 weeks 1 day ago #78067

I almost finished my 2CV Rally Body.

Making this body is so much fun, isn't it?

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by WHPark. Reason: video link is not working

What did you do today? 4 weeks 1 day ago #78069

Really nice paint work. 
The following user(s) Liked this: WHPark

What did you do today? 4 weeks 1 day ago #78070

Thank you, it was difficult to round mask the fender part. I painted the body with PS56 mustard yellow and PS4 blue because I wanted a more luxurious look than the box art.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

What did you do today? 3 weeks 3 days ago #78098

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
You know when you buy an rc car second hand and it comes with a box of bits.
Here are 2 photos of the stuff that came with the Martini Mk 22 Renault I’ve just got. 
Here at least are some Tamiya bits and bobs.
A full set of Sand Rover gears, a 380 motor, possibly from a Subaru Brat, the speed controller might be from the Brat as well. Spanner’s, who doesn’t need more of the little Tamiya spanner.

And here’s the totally random junk, the propellers being my favourite item, the rest feels like scrap metal to me.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5, WHPark

Last edit: by Al.

What did you do today? 3 weeks 2 days ago #78101

Looking at the helicopter skids + the props...... You have the makings of a new RC ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

What did you do today? 3 weeks 2 days ago #78102

Like Stingray, I've been enjoying some time in small scale.....  So still not much RC going on here.
Daughter and I have had a few runs in the yard.  Attempted to run the Drift Pig with buggy wheels on it, just some minor clearance issues with the body.

Winter's coming though, and it's been raining like the apocalypse past few days.  So might be time to build the Lunchbox Mini, as that and the SCX24 will give us two RC's to race around the house 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5, WHPark

What did you do today? 3 weeks 2 days ago #78105

With my ever growing number of projects in progress, I need more space to store my cars... There was a bit of room between the stairs and the wall, and I found some shelves that fit in the space...

There is at least room for 7 more cars, and I can extend it on the right under the window, that give a potential for 6 more cars... And I could think about adding some shelves on top as there is more room for it... My wife even suggested that I could put soe additional shelves within the stairs as well... So more possible room.

In anycase the way the car are put there may not be definitive, as I'd like to organize this by brand and types of cars... I'm not set yet on that, and I may remove the wires for the stair guard (they were useless anyway in this area)... More room for project and cars is always a good thing :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5, WHPark

What did you do today? 2 weeks 4 days ago #78135

Over a few days I have been worked on my second Axial Honcho I got a while ago.
This is also a first gen SCX10.

First I pulled the rear axle off, inspected and cleaned it.
# All bearings was changed.
# Gears had to be filed in a few spots as a few teeths had some damage to them. I belive the C clip on the pinion fell off and got grinded to bits between gears.
# Driveshaft was really stuck to the pinion shaft, but came off in the end.
# Flipped male and female of the driveshaft, as I like to have the female end on the axle as it will roll better off rocks and roots etc.

Front axle also got pulled apart and cleaned.
# Only wheel bearings needed changed on this.
# C-hub collars was changed as the old ones was worn.
# Steering rod, rod ends was changed to Tamiya one and the link got straightned a bit.
# Upper K link was removed
# 4 link mount fitted to axle.
# New upper links was made from 4mm allthread, Revo rod ends and 6x4mm stainless tubing.

Canged the wheel combo for some alloy steelie wheels with 1.9" Proline Hyrax tires that also came in the deal.

Still have to go through the transmission, but it seems fine so far.
Speaking of transmission, this has two motor setup. Udecided if I will keep it that way...

It also has the upgraded aluminium shocks and aftermarket aluminium battery/electronic tray plate which is a big pluss.
The shocks also needs to have service. I suspect most of the oil is gone.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by caprinut.

What did you do today? 1 week 3 days ago #78175

Finished quite a few projects with the last details added...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts, GToddC5, WHPark

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.