Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 months 3 weeks ago #77785

I would say you did fine Todd. Mine was $125 + free shipping and of course none of the upgrades you have but I am afraid the days of good deals are over at Tower. No more good coupon codes and the ones they do offer are no longer good on Tamiya....................... Only decent appeal is the ability to preorder. 
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

What did you do today? 2 months 3 weeks ago #77786

I would say you did fine Todd. Mine was $125 + free shipping and of course none of the upgrades you have but I am afraid the days of good deals are over at Tower. No more good coupon codes and the ones they do offer are no longer good on Tamiya....................... Only decent appeal is the ability to preorder. 

I wish I felt confident in their ability to delivery on the pre-orders, but they burned me too many times so no more pre-orders for me - which is a shame because I have at least 4 models on my wish list that are all pre-orders. Oh well.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 months 3 weeks ago #77788

Yeah sorry to hear that Todd. Kind of ironic as that is the only aspect of their company that hasn't let me down.

Time will dictate I guess, probably just start buying locally........🤞🤞

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77791

Yeah sorry to hear that Todd. Kind of ironic as that is the only aspect of their company that hasn't let me down.

Time will dictate I guess, probably just start buying locally........🤞🤞

They've been screwing up my normal orders as well. Case in point, Back in October I ordered a Lunch Box Mini and Midnight Pumpkin XB (only one they had) together, with $110 savings using the discount system before it went south. They were both in stock but never shipped. So fast forward a few months and I contacted them about several orders in limbo. That particular order they said they would cancel and I'd have to reorder and they'd honor the discounts. So I did, and then I received them both shortly after. fast forward again, and I just received my first order the other day :facepalm: - they never cancelled it.

So, after sitting on it for a day I decided to make a pitcher of lemonade, rather than make a fuss and return them. After all, they were largely discounted and I could easily sell for profit if I wasn't an idiot. Since I AM an idiot, I decided I can use the Pumpkin body and an M06 chassis I just happen to have purchased for very cheap on Mercari several months ago - couldn't pass it up - and the voila, I've got myself a Lowride Pumpkin! So then I just found a Lunch Box Red edition body on ebay, so I can use the "extra" CW-01 chassis for that project. I figure red metallic paint over chrome Pumpkin wheels, some MCI decals and voila - I've got myself a Red Edition Lunchy! As for the extra Lunch Box Mini, I decided to buy up all the available hop-ups and a set of bearings so I have a pimped out runner. This way I can leave the other one that I have stock. It's amazing what the hobbiest's mind can talk ourselves in to, LOL.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by GToddC5.

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77795

Nice Todd. I have to take back my lunchy to have the vintage pair at home and my rere runner .

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77797

Nice Todd. I have to take back my lunchy to have the vintage pair at home and my rere runner .

I might have a Blue Lunchy on the way as well! I guess now I'm obligated to find a Gold one, lol.
IG_tamiyaddiction

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77798

I only have vintage vanessa and cindyrela one, and my runner is the pajero chassis with my pickup lunchy body.
you need the black edition to todd.

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77799

I only have vintage vanessa and cindyrela one, and my runner is the pajero chassis with my pickup lunchy body.
you need the black edition to todd.

Oh don't worry, I picked up the Black Edition months ago, lol.
IG_tamiyaddiction

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77800

You must to share a family picture.  Here is what I see when I wake up. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 2 months 2 weeks ago #77801

You must to share a family picture. . .

I will when I can, but I still need to paint the yellow body and the Black is still sealed. The Blue is completed (on the way), however the Red body will need paint. Right now I only have the black lunchy body with the custom stickers from MCI and the X-SA Pumpkin on display. Oh man, the new red Pajero is still sealed, too, and I have a white Pajero body on the way LOL.

Too many things to build/finish is a great problem to have! For now, I gotta take this Hotshot over the finish line . . .
IG_tamiyaddiction

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 1.247 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.