Keyword

TOPIC:

micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5693

anyone fitted one of these to record their cars adventures?
i have one with a range of 100 metres that i can watch on my tv but as far as i know i have no way of recording it.
it is about the size of a sugar cube. would be great to put it in the hopper and record its travels

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5696

Definitely a gadget that's on my wishlist. :)
Together with a GPS speedometer...

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5697

I bought a couple of those cheap "keyfob" cameras that you see on eBay (they "record" to an SD card) - I found them difficult to use & they have a very narrow field of view - so narrow that you can't see the car they're on ... whoch kind of defeated the purpose for me :(

Some time ago I also tried servo-taping a regular (digital) compact camera to a couple of cars - with predictable consequences:

tamiyaclub.com/...sp?id=3520

tamiyaclub.com/...sp?id=3489

:D

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5698

plenty on ebay but none of them recordable. im sure i saw one on youtube that had a micro sd card socket but i cant find it, there are loads on there where they bolt/tape a mobile phone or small camera on the cars, but as Jonny found out, can be disatrous :cry:

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5703

I've got something similar on my tank - it's a micro colour CCTV camera with a built-in 2.4GHZ radio link. The Rx base unit has leads that plug into your telly (Or recorder...) so you can explore the garden with the tank, watching where you're going on the TV. Range isn't great through the house walls (About 30-50m) but it's more than the tank's radio range. They were all over Ebay a few years back, I paid 17GBP for mine. Incidentally, the tank's got a BB cannon & I've added a laser pointer (As a red dot targetting aid) & LED searchlight, so now I can hunt locals at night from the comfort of the sofa!

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5705

i can chase the cat around the kitchen while watching it on tv haha, he loves it. i just wish i could record it

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5707

Camera is by "New Way Technology" from JEX Electronicc (jex-electronics.com). It's the small black cube with the short aerial, mounted LHS next to the barrel. The silver box in front is the RX base unit, which plugs into your TV/VCR etc. They also do a version with sound. Agemax - the LED spotlamp (RHS turret) was cobbled together from that Poundland LED torch I was banging on about (1GBP) & they come with proper reflectors. Light's good enough that the camera can see in complete darkness. laser pointer on the barrel is hooked up to a 5sec timer, so when you prod the "fire" button, it stays lit long enough that you can aim before shooting. Camera's also barrel mounted, so you can look up/down/left/right without moving the tank. Fantastic toy & has provided many hours of laughter!
Another old trick is to tape your mobile camera phone (Or gen5+ Ipod) to the car & set to record, but this is nowhere near as good as viewing realtime
Attachments:

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5708

cool i always wanted an RC tank, but my cars, boats and hovercrafts prevent me from having one. oh, and my wallet and my wife :cry: .
that looks like the same camera set up i have, or very similar. trouble is i havent got a vcr to record it

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5710

What do you use to record telly programs? Other option is a TV card for your PC (The software that comes with them will allow recording, & NERO works ok with them too). How is your cam attached to the TV?

Re: micro camera 12 years 3 months ago #5712

ive got a virgin box so tv records to the hard drive. the cam has a receiver like yours with a red/yellow/white plug that plugs straight into the tv

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.