Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6880

I'm curious what it would look like with the monster wheels on the back & the weeny ones on the front :)

hold on 10 minutes and i will take a pic, that thought crossed my mind as well :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6881

looks like a drag racer haha,but actually quite smart i think. i will have to try both options on the road see what happens

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6882

I like it better like that :)

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6883

i will experiment with both options. first problem i have found is the wheels hit the side bumpers on full lock. i have taken them off for now but that leaves me with 3 options.
1.leave them off
2. make some new ones
3. get some longer lunchbox uprights so the wheels are further out
:S

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6886

I'd go for ...

2. make some new ones

... - looking at your overhead shot with the big wheels on, they could be 2" wider at the back as well :D

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6887

ok but as it will purely be a tarmac racer now surely you dont need the side protection that you would for an off roader?
i made them more for show rather than function

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6888

Tyres look badass in either setup but it's probably more driveable with the smaller ones in front.
Doesn't need another wing if you ask me...

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6889

the wing will stay for now. took it for a spin up the road with the big wheels on the front, it seems ok, wheelspins a lot in corners and the front wheels almost come off the ground on acceleration. i think the smaller wheels on the front would lift, as Jonny says i think i need a wheelie bar at the back :evil:
will try it with the small front wheels tomorrow, they may be better for twisty tracks and the big wheels for flat out tracks.
the hopper is getting jelous now as he is not getting all the attention :cry:

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6894

took it out for another spin tonight. at least 15 minutes. the motor and the ESC and all the wiring was only warm, not hot or any signs of melting or blowing up so i reckon its going to be ok :woohoo:

Re: hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 3 months ago #6902

took it out for another spin tonight. at least 15 minutes. the motor and the ESC and all the wiring was only warm, not hot or any signs of melting or blowing up so i reckon its going to be ok :woohoo:

Excellent :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.