Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17453

Normally I'd say stopping at full throttle sounds like signal interference - and the ESC intervening with it's failsafe.
But I don't think the TEU-101BK has any of these features...

:huh:

Best thing would be to try another ESC.
With the right setup, you'll surely blast that other buggy to pieces...
Sounds more like it just has a good brushless set than that it would be the better car.

;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17475

Stopping at full throttle can also be the ESC not set up right (ie the full throttle setting going "over-travel") - the full throttle position needs to be set, & if you move the trim AFTER that, it will cow the setting up.

If it's an auto-setup ESC, they can sometimes do the same thing if they're not entirely compatible with the transmitter you're using. Try using the transmitter servo-reverse switch set to the opposite of what it's set now, & set the ESC up again (Sometimes sorts the problem).

Also, check you haven't got forwards & backwards mixed up on the ESC (It's not as simple as just swapping the motor wires or servo-reverser) -
Should go "Forwards-brake-backwards" when going from full throttle forward to full throttle reverse.
THEN "backwards-(No pause)-forwards" when going full throttle backwards to full throttle forwards.
Another clue to this is if the car is a lot faster in reverse than forward (Most ESCs have current limiting in reverse, to protect them)

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17477

Had a day in the shed yesterday, a set of 6 mounting thingies took 2hrs (+ setting-up), so realistically they should have a 40gbp pricetag to be worth doing, & I guess nobody would pay that for them! I've done 2x sets of these for now, but could do more if there's any interest.

What I'll do for now, for the first set, is put them up for "auction" to the highest bidder, proceeds to go towards running of the site (Postage would be additional, paid to me at whatever it costs me).
If those "in charge" agree, I'll start a new topic for said "auction" so that everyone gets a chance at them - Edou, Lars, let me know what you think.

Trying to add a pic, but it's not letting me, guess I'll have to wait until it's proper fixed!

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17478

Sounds fine by me. :)
Not sure how an auction would work here though. Set a time limit?

It'll be interesting to see what a set would do on eBay.
With a nice picture besides it.
Got the same issue with uploading btw.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17480

Yeah, was thinking give it a week &/or when the bidding stops, let them go?
After all, if I'm donating the proceeds, we want to get as much as we can, don't we?

Don't think the timing could be accurate, was thinking I'll set a timer on my phone then look at the final post when it beeps.... any auction-related anger could be directed at me, & I'll ignore it.

Option 3, ask everyone what they think the bits are worth/what they'd pay, & I'll stick a "For sale" in the trades section? Then, first come, first served?

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17486

I think an auction here would be a good choice. :)
Knowing the proceeds will go to TB will probably make anonymous bidding unnecessary.
I know creating a thread with a poll has a timer btw...
Maybe the second set could go at a fixed price then?
But let's see what other input we get on the subject beforehand.

:)

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17503

I've repeated the setup of the esc 3 times but it doesn't changes anything.
Also the ESC doesn't stop allways on full throttle but many times. I've wrote an email to tamico.de and waiting for an answer about that problem. The part is brand new.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17505

A lot of ESCs have a low voltage cut out - if the draw on the battery is more than it can handle, the voltage could drop enough to trigger it ... what battery are you using? A newer/better quality one might solve it.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17510

Well,... the answer from tamico was funny. They told me to buy & try another ESC. This one is 1 Month old, never used before.

My battery is currently a very new Team Orion 1800. It was a package 'cause they told me my old loader wouldl grill the accu. It is a fastloading device from tronico anno '90 with 4 amp/h! Could load a 1400 in about 15mins.

My plan is now to handle with tamico this problem about ESC and get a brushless ESC and motor with aroudn 12-17t. I'm not sure, maybe ~17T 'cause here is a nice BMX track which is also in use from r/c cars. But my MR is afraid of the big bad gas cars from hpi & co.
Maybe i'll buy some street-tires to hit the road with a fast 12t.
I'm currently reading some posts here which engine would be the best for df-01 offroader. Also the problem about rear gear box...

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17511

Funny answer indeed. I would have expected them to say it's gotta be something other than the ESC.
With that being brand new - and the battery pack as well, I'd think the radio gear is the most likely candidate...
Even though I'd expect a runaway instead of just an interruption.

A nice brushless sounds like a great idea. B)
Good thing you're reading up on the flaws of the car and other upgrades that might be necessary for that. ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.