Keyword

TOPIC:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17847

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter by the way! :cheer:
The following user(s) Liked this: funkindemup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17854

Thanks Edou!

I've ordered a cheap lexan cleaner from tamiya and some small parts. A bag of O-Rings, a black antena pipe and a bag of antena caps. All together cheaper than ordering a pizza! :D

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17866

:y: Felicitation for baby.
Personnaly, I mounted a trinity T TECH 14x2 brushed on my TA02.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17893

Also thanks to stingray!

Does anyone know, if there is any difference at the main drive shaft if it is a dog bone, a universal shaft or classic like on the top force? For sure, the orignal one from MR is crap ;)

PS: Is here any thread about online shops for vintage stuff? i know a lot but maybe other doesn't know them or whatever :)

Last edit: by funkindemup.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17901

Congrats on the sprog drop :y:

Does this mean you'll be building something RC in pink? I'd suggest a Watanabe Hornet, the bumper would be ideal for teething ;) j/k

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17906

Thanks Jonny Retro! Currently she's more interested looking for faces and the first what i thought about is that retro solar-cat from tamiya ;) Don't know the name, just remembering the big smiley face :D
Another idea would be a r/c baby buggy - a crawler ;)

Update: This one!

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17910

Hey fukindemup :laugh:

Congrats for your daughter :y: :y: :y:

You'll see Manta's are great cars ! I just love mine, unfortunately i don't run it that often..well actually i still need to painte the original body ! A thread will follow shortly as sonn as i finished my ongoing project.

Enjoy TB
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: funkindemup

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17911

Thanks Manotas!

I know that MRs are great. It's my own one and was driven hard, 20y ago on own built dirt tracks against cars like grasshopper, hotshot and terra conquerer :) We were a group of 6-7 boys, driving races against each other or against the time.
My first car was a very cheap & slow one... after that i've bought a used and also slow one Tamiya monster beetle. Not good for those tracks. Than - after saving pocket money and wishing to birthday and christmas only one thing - i've received this Manta Ray! It was mainly used to outrun the grasshoppers and hotshots ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17912

I see what you mean by running7racing against each others !

In my childhood i ran a Monster Beetle wich i bought with x-mas money and pocket money...
Unfortunately he died in action and since i moved out from my parents house i never seen it again :(
Well in the mean time i got the RC virus and got me another one which i restored. He's sitting on the shelf next to his brothers...(Mud Blaster and Black Foot)

Anyway, enjoy plaing with your cars...and i'll give you an advice :
Keep your models on height...you're daughter will get them once she's starts walking. I know that because my daughter (who is 2 years now) took my HotShot, fortunately before restoring it, and started taking parts off :( :(
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17913

R.I.P. Monster Beetle & HotShot! ;)

I know the problems about kids. My Sister has two of them. My nephew, 2 years old, is a very active kid. I'm prepared for my daughter and all non-r/c models are on very high boards, also save against duster ;)

I had sadly not the big Monster Beetle, just the small one. Monster Trucks are cool in heavy terrain! Maybe i'll buy a new MB too and make some mods. I also want to build one R/C Car with lights and Trucks or Pickups had a lot of space for it :) We'll see. My Runner-MR has major prio.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds