Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17544

thats an 850 (5x8x2.5) the others are 1150s (5x11x4)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 4 months ago #17545

which diameter has the small ball bearing for the manta ray? At the gear box or at the steering of carbon deck.

You can find bearing information HERE .
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17765

After becoming father of a beautiful daughter, waiting for parts and waiting for tamiyabase runing again (great work, nice!) i have a lot of new facts and questions about my MR Project.

Final Position about the body is to stay at the original MR Body, 'cause i'm restoring a manta ray and don't want to build up a Top Force or whatever. Otherwise i have to change the name of the project to "build up a ta01 runner". Maybe i'll improve the body a bit. ;)
First point is to get the old bad color of the lexan. I've used Revell Colors and no special Lexan-Colors from Tamiya. Maybe it's better to get it off. Is there a special trick about it or should i just buy the cleaner from Tamiya?

Current status of the car is more advanced and much lighter as it was on the old photos. FRP Double Deck is already installed. I've used Mount Bag of Dyna Storm for it and 2 special alu parts. Also i've created an own steering stay with the one for the dyna storm. Same height as the original. Pictures will follow!
I've put some extra plates and screws at the rear gear box to prevent the typical ta01 gearbox problem. I had a look at some gearboxes from df03 and db01 to make it saver, 'cause i'll try to use up a 12T Brushless! Kontemax already did this on his MR.
That's the next point... the Engine. Are there any tutorials about brushless? My knowledge about that is still bad...

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17775

Sounds like good progress! :cheer:
You can try brake fluid to remove the paint...
Maybe first DOT3 and if that doesn't work well enough - DOT4.
Can't say much about brushless myself. I'm too oldskool.

:silly:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17780

Can't say much about brushless myself. I'm too oldskool.

:silly:

me too, I am planning realy old school for my TFs, Acoms AT-5, Dynatech 02H and maybe a 7010 :woohoo:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17781

I've heard that those brake fluids hardening the lexan body.

Waterbok, if i don't want to be retro, i would buy a new df03 or db02 chassis but i want to beat those other cars with the ta01! :)
But the old engines are not as good as the new one... My current 540 SportTuned is originaly from the early 90s. A Dynatech was to expensive for me as a child ;)
Would be a good topic, to compare buggy drives. bl vs oldschool. A table of turns and torque.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17788

I've heard that those brake fluids hardening the lexan body.

Waterbok, if i don't want to be retro, i would buy a new df03 or db02 chassis but i want to beat those other cars with the ta01! :)
But the old engines are not as good as the new one... My current 540 SportTuned is originaly from the early 90s. A Dynatech was to expensive for me as a child ;)
Would be a good topic, to compare buggy drives. bl vs oldschool. A table of turns and torque.

not sure but read somewhere that the 02H does 74% which apparently is quite ok for a brushed. (do have to do some cathing up on motors, so far only silvercans and sportstuned ;) )
I got the 02H motors cheap and the rotor and brushes for the same price as a new silvercan.
Biggest thing will be the esc and the batteries when I try the 7010 instead of the 6513w :)

I think when it comes to beating other cars I better start practicing instead of hanging around on TB and TC :laugh:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17807

Ok, i think to test the gearbox, i'll buy for first this set: www.tamico.de/L...0mAh-Akku-
It's a 17T brushed from LRP with ESC and 3000 akku.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17812

HOT! :y: dont forget to order a 16T steel RRP pinion for that setup ;)

Last edit: by waterbok.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 11 years 3 months ago #17846

Cool! Reminds me a little of my own setup on the FRP car. Gotta love Lrp. B)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds