Keyword

TOPIC:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 10 months ago #22857

I don't need any car faster than the DF03 and, at the end, I don't like belt drive cars.

But the db02 isn't belt driven - strange 'cause "db" stands for "drive with belt".
I'm also thinking about getting a df03 to use it on a local track. The MR could break into pieces when i'll drive the big jumps there. Also it has no clutch.

I have a question (again) about tires. Is someone using foam in the classic buggy wheels? I think it would be more stable and bette for the wheels.
My ones are more damaged as the side at in the middle...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by funkindemup.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 10 months ago #22861

You are right, my fault, the DB02 is a propeller shaft driven car but I don't like a lot.
I continue to prefer my Dark Impact DF03.
Manta Ray is stronger than you believe, you only must know some tips to make it stronger. I made big jumps with mine. But keep in mind that driving skill makes the difference.
I used foam into the tires, the car was less bouncy and more stable.

Max

I don't need any car faster than the DF03 and, at the end, I don't like belt drive cars.

But the db02 isn't belt driven - strange 'cause "db" stands for "drive with belt".
I'm also thinking about getting a df03 to use it on a local track. The MR could break into pieces when i'll drive the big jumps there. Also it has no clutch.

I have a question (again) about tires. Is someone using foam in the classic buggy wheels? I think it would be more stable and better for the wheels.
My ones are more damaged as the side at in the middle...

Last edit: by Kontemax.

Re:58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23350

Something is wrong here (screws of rear shock tower):

I don't like the rear shock tower of the top force. To much load at 2 little screws. I can drill a hole into the tower to fit a shaft to it to move some load to the cover of the gear box...
The rear gearbox is too heavy damaged now. It's not possible to mount the tower. Need to get a new one or has anyone the biggest part of a rear ta01 gearbox left?
It was a dumb heavy crash. :(
Attachments:

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Re:58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23352

Might have one in my stash, will have a look tomorrow.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23363

Looks like the screws are growing towards the sun. Bummer, dude (hopefully wb to the rescue). :(

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23365

Looks like the screws are growing towards the sun. Bummer, dude (hopefully wb to the rescue). :(

The problem is, after changing screws and bottom mainpart of rear gearbox (where the damperbridge is mounted) the same problem can happen again. It's a very weak part. I have to fix this.

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23373

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23377

I solved it:

www.tamiyaclub....2527_6.jpg

www.tamiyaclub....245&sid=24

I know your MR from TC but i don't have this kind of rear damper bridge. There is no point to mount it in the middle.
Have a look here:

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23379

i don't have this kind of rear damper bridge. There is no point to mount it in the middle.
Have a look here:

have a look how Edou solved that for some inspiration. B)

58087 Manta Ray Resto from 1990 10 years 9 months ago #23380

have a look how Edou solved that for some inspiration. B)

Edou does it only for the bodymount. There is no point to fix it in the middle at the damperbridge. I could do it with to mounts and using the holes for the damper left and right. We'll see.
Anyhow, i need a new gearbox :(

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds