Keyword

TOPIC:

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19680

I feel I should recognise that, but I don't. What's it from?

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19694

I bought a 2nd Trial 12 with a pile of spares...

I'm getting the feeling that these bodies are quite fragile ...

... especially the front left corner :whistle: I'll attempt a cut & shut on the two, when I get around to it ...

Chassis of the "new" car is less complete than the first, but is in better condition...

Spare tub is in better condition than the one on the first car, but has a couple of inexplicable holes in the sides where the battery sits ...

These homemade driveshafts were in the spares pile :blink:

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19757

A bit more work on the body... primer revelealed where my repairs needed more work, and a lot of marks on the bodywork. I'm not sure if they're related to me stripping paint off, but I only used rag & a toothbrush, so I suspect they're from over enthuisiastic sanding done to key the previous paintjob.

Too late now, I know, but would a high-build filler primer have sorted that out?

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19759

Too late now, I know, but would a high-build filler primer have sorted that out?

I've used it in the past & I'm not a big fan of it - filling properties seem to be extremely limited & you have to sand almost all of it off again otherwise you just have a rippled surface ... filler & sanding back is easier & quicker - it might have looked like a lot of effort, but really wasn't that bad.

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19782

I don't know where you guys find the time to work on these things so regularly... :( I wish I had that kind of spare time. Well done though, it's looking good.
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19783

In true model maker style, you have to stop playing with everything else & devote your enthusiasm to your toys

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19797

I don't know where you guys find the time to work on these things so regularly... :( I wish I had that kind of spare time. Well done though, it's looking good.

I don't spend any more than an hour a day on RC stuff - it must just seem like a lot more due to all the photos I post.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #19925

Ooh, primer :whistle:

Attachments:

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #20123

Performed the cut 'n' shut on the better body - note fibreglass cloth & epoxy resin on the inside, UV damage on the outside, and cocktail of dirt, decal adhesive, multipurpose glue, evostick & superglue - someone has obvious tried (several times) to re-stick peeling decals :sick: ... I had to use 180 grit wet & dry to get it off :S

Attachments:

Spital Trial 12 resto 11 years 1 month ago #20124

I salvaged as much of the decals as possible ... they were already in very poor contition, but they did give me something to work with to make new ones...

The bulk I'll cut out of black, white, yellow or green self adhesive vinyl, some will need printing on white, and some on clear. I also "upgraded" the dials & lights :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.