Keyword

Poll: What are you charging? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

NiCd
5 15.6%
NiMH
13 40.6%
Lipo
14 43.8%
Other
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 32 ( Jack Willy Orz, cumminsdoc, Purple_rob, nivapilot, uncletom ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 11 months ago #28856

They haven't exploded?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 11 months ago #28857

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Nope, it still puts out a decent voltage (not as much as I'd like though). :pinch:
Bummer, because it was the one with the highest capacity - a 2400 Hopf pack.

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28879

Stingray - yes I've got a rifle but don't use it much. The pellet tin is a convenient place to keep small Tamiya screws separate from the rest of my fasteners.
My rifle is a modified vintage BSA Meteor (Cut down stock & square-section spring - splits bricks at 30 feet, I use it with soggy tissue for killing flies...).

Trick to soldering cells is lots of heat as quickly as possible, so you can solder them before they get hot enough to be damaged. High wattage gas irons are best for this.
Don't be tempted by "100 watt" gun type irons, they're useless - you want a proper iron with a hefty tip that holds its heat.
Ideally, spot welding is the best way. Tagged cells are probably safest for home soldering.

As yet I've had no joy building Nimh packs, any kind of heat (Including charging, using etc) seems to destroy them in my experience, & I still haven't figured out how other people are using them without issues!

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28884

:) Many thanks Eddrick.
PS have you got a pict of your BSA rifle please? I made compétitions younger with a diana model 26. And after with a feinwerkbau in .22LR. Now shooting is just to have fun... :silly:

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28885

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I could should fairly well since I was a kid. Maybe it's my lazy eye. :lol:
First noticed when I shot a bear from a string on a carnival (must have been 5-6 years old)...
Shooting (at lifeless stuff) is pretty cool.

Anywho, rewired my battery packs! :cheer:
When at some point I decided to switch to Deans, I eagerly started to replace any connector in sight.
After doing a few battery packs, I realised that with this speed I would soon be out of connectors.
So I stopped doing the packs...
But because I started on the ones of lesser quality, the good ones still had Tamiya plugs.
Not anymore! The older packs (4 and 5) have been reverted and the others now have new silicone wires and Deans :

:)

All Sanyo NiCd by the way.

Last edit: by Edou.

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28886

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Pretty cool that you can wire eight packs from a mere meter of silicone (still lots left)... B)

Edit - it was a bit of an eye sore that pack 1 had asymmetrical wiring (compared to the others). So I flipped those as well. :whistle:

Edit to that - you can't flip the wires of course. Just the the direction the shrink tube is facing but the top cap has separate holes for the wires so they had to be soldered again. The rest of the tube was pushed off, flipped and jammed on again.
That and the top cap are held together with insulation tape.

It has 'Turnigy' written on the other side which I didn't realise when I ordered it. Also a drag to get the lettering straight...

Last edit: by Edou.

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28890

:blush: I had no time to send you the shrink Edou. Tomorrow or monday It goes to netherland ;)

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28891

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Thanks and no worries, Flo. Your shocks are still in the clean up phase as well. :whistle:

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28895

Thanks and no worries, Flo. Your shocks are still in the clean up phase as well. :whistle:

Take your time Edo,I have to make the rear skid too.

What are you charging (with)? 9 years 10 months ago #28919

I have moved the posts regarding the guns to the "Anything else" section.
Try to keep the threads "on topic", please :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.