Keyword

TOPIC:

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3408

i love the new look, cant wait to try it out, i have also removed the spotlights, think it looks much better without them

One of mine broke off a l

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3418

i love the new look, cant wait to try it out, i have also removed the spotlights, think it looks much better without them

One of mine broke off a l

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3419

I only took one off because it was broken already...
Would probably not have "maimed" the body if it was still in good order. :whistle:

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3492

Hy there i have raced my grashopper in th epast few months at my local club on sunday , with a 12 turn motor in it ,

The grasshopper 1 wheels i think are perfect for the model i have had the falcon front wheels , the fox front wheels etc etc the grashopper 2 wheels +the grashopper super g front wheels on it and i find that very small increase of hieght by the front wheels leads to a higher center of gravity which cause,s rollovers on sharp turns more ,

the optional upgrades shocks from the hornet were never the best , you can bang some cva shocks straight on but i keep the hornet shocks on for nostalga ,

i have a very rare set of oil filled front shocks on mine + the parma alloy side bars i am working away in scotland at moment but will be back hopme tonight so ill post some pictures of the small oil filled units .

with regards to steering problems , the servo saver must be the correct one for the servo its possible to physically bang the wrong one on and screw it down hard , also steering rods that interconnect to the servo end check there is not excessive play in them caused by the holes in the palstic being worn , this could cause steering issuies . check the ballclips at the other ends are also tight and not loose.

i have also come across twitchers in my time , by twitcher i mean a front servo that likes to twitch every now and then keep the airel away away from the battery wire and the airel away from the motor cabel which can cause twitching . wheel wobbel on the actual front hubs is always indictive if worn bearings or plastic bearings with the steering rods detached tighten the front wheels on and try to see if there is any play in them to eliminate this from the equation .

if you have abit of spare cash trat your self to a upgraded servo with metal gears and a faster lock to lock repsonse time for about 20 pounds.

Good for you for running the hopper, when i have mine on track the crowd always give it a cheer , its a beast to drive with a 12 turn double brushless but fully enjoyable and demands a critical way of driving as slowing down before corners is mission critical , but whats best of the best
is when the guy stood next to you says....... son of a b%$#@$% ..
as his latest brand new RC-10 B4 ... has a vintage grasshopper overtaking him on the straight ,

ill post some pics later this eveing

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3501

as promised pics heres the small rare oilfilled front hop

ups

heres the parma alloy side bars from the USA

rare gold plated wheels from the 80s

some anty scratch meshing

and lastely the TWINS

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3511

Very cool vintage hop ups. B)
I saw a CRP Grasshopper shock set on eBay this summer that went for quite the incredible amount... :blink:
About $60-70 if I remember well.

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3518

well i will let you all know a big secret , if you want to upgrade a grashopper 1 then hunt down the extermely rare

GRAUPNER CYCLONE BUGGY its A GERMAN grashopper clone but highley modified it has

oil filled shocks front and rear

alloy side bars ( parma ripp offs )

gold wheels

and i got mine for 30 euro from ebay .de B) 5 years ago

i also have a nice anti role bar of it etc

by far the chepeast way to pimp your grashopper :evil:

this is what it looks like and belive me you the hop ups are all from the 80s on this thing and fit straight on the grasshopper

Attachments:

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3531

found one for sale in germany for anyone who wants the bits like i did,

picture is poor but the gold wheels are on it and the front oilfilled shocks are there , cant tell from the picture if the alloy side bars are there though but its over 50 pounds just for the 2 rear wheels in gold plate (like the fox) alone without tyres ;)

www.ebay.de/itm...2a146af5bb

Last edit: by darc. Reason: change words

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3532

Very interesting info! :cheer:
What audacity from Graupner though...

Put some Super Hornet arms and CVAs on my own Grasshopper - a very effective (non destructive) upgrade also :

B)

hopping up a vintage grasshopper 12 years 6 months ago #3538

NIce hopper matey very smooth i like the wheels i have these wheels in silver ,

may i suggest you invest in part number d-8 from the rising fighter ,

teh rising fighter is same chassie as super hornet /grasshopper 11 etc

but the rising fighter has a great little upgrade namely part d-8 ,
its a reinforcement that clicks over the shock mounts and fits straight to the grasshopper 1 :)

like the way you filled the light fixings in B) looks very good
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.